Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lots of visitors

This has been a busy two and a half weeks. My sister Eva and her husband Jim arrived on the 9th of October. They drove out from West Virginia. They wanted to come to Kent funeral but we decided that it would be better for all of us if they came this fall when they could spend some time with me. They were here for 15 days. I really enjoyed having them. We spent a lot of time at home just being together. I felt sorry for Jim as I know that he had to of gotten bored with the two of us. He kept saying that he wasn't bored and if he had of been bored he would went and done something. We did go to Yuma to visit with Ali and family while they were here. Ali just had to many things going on to come up here. We spent time at Nicole's, too. Eva wanted us to spend her birthday together. It had been fifty-two years since we had been together for either of our birthdays. Her birthday was on the 23th and they left on the 24th. Chris, one of Kent's sons, flew in the morning that they left. I went to the airport and picked him up. I did manage to get the sheets washed and back on the bed before I went to the airport to pick him up. He came down from Utah to run in a "Half Ironman". He did the competition today. He didn't do as well as he had hoped but that is ok. It was great having him here. He reminds me so much of his dad. I took him to the airport this evening. He has to go to work in the morning. Hope he feels up to it. Now I have an empty house. (Sad)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad you are by yourself again, but it will only be a few days before Glen and Genette get there. I love you mom and I am glad you have had so much company. THanks again for coming down! I wish we could have made it to see Chris, hopefully next month we will.

Jacobson said...

Hey Sharon, Its Kelli. I dont know if you heard but Tays dad past away last Thursday. I just wanted to let you know, maybe you could give him a call sometime being that you lost Kent recently and could probably offer some words of comfort. We love you. Hope you are doing well.

Elizabeth Dover said...

It sounds like you had a great visit with all your company. I saw them at Daniel's wedding but it was so short. When I move to st george this summer I hope to see you and Ali again a bit. We think it would be such fun to get the families together.

Elizabeth Dover said...

To answer your question about moving. We think we may be moving in June or July for sure. Maybe sooner. So it sounds like we will be able to get together!!! :)