Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Been to Yuma

I went to Yuma on the 2nd of October and spent a few days with Alison and her family. We had a great time working on PTO stuff, setting at Sam's Club on a floor model sofa, having lunch together and just spend time together. MaKenzie became my hair dresser while I was there. She brushed and combed my hair and put all shapes and sizes of barrettes in it. She had fun and I enjoyed having my hair messed with. I returned home on the 6th and started getting things ready for my sister and husband's visited. They will be here either tomorrow night or early in the day on Thursday. I am excited for their visit. I haven't seen them since Kent and I left their place last August, after she was released from the re-hab center. I have been spending a part of every day with my daughter, Nicole, that lives here in Queen Creek. She had a baby on the 8th of September. She has four little ones. The oldest turned six on the 29th of September. I love feeling that I am needeed.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Dover said...

I am so glad that you have loved all about you. I loved playing with my Mom's hair as a kid and I put all kinds of crazy barretts and things in it. How fun to have Aunt Eva and Unlce Jim to visit. Glad you figured out how to visit my blog. It will be nice to keep in touch. I feel like I am getting to know Ali better as I have always wanted to do through blogging and hopefully you too!

Anonymous said...

Loved your visit can't wiat till you guys get here in a few days, we love you grandma!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. You are deffinatly a wonderful example of finding joy through trials too!!