Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back from Alaska and have a new grandson

I spent nine days in Alaska the last of August with my son Randy and his family. They live in Soldotna. We did a lot of the Alaska things. We floated a couple of rivers. On one of the float trips we shared the waters with a grizzly bear. That was a first for me even after living in Alaska for 18 years. We picked Alaskan berries two days and made jams and jelly. It was a very enjoyable trip. It was good to get home. I had one day and then some friends from Mesquite, NV came and spent four days. Nicole, my daughter, kept telling me that she would wait to have her baby until I got back from Alaska and my friends went home. They left Sunday and she had her baby on Monday. She was true to her word. Wish Kent could of been there for the birth of this grandson. It is awesome to see a baby enter this world. He is a cutie. I have gone to Nicole's house every day to hold the baby so that she can get things done. Nicole now has four under six years of age. She is doing well. I am proud of her. Hopefully, she will get to enjoy this baby. With all of her other babies she has either been working or building a home. I am doing ok. It is lonely but I am doing the best that I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good trip to AK, hope they can make it down next year! I had a nice time at your house this weekend. I love you mom, I hope you are having a good Monday so far!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Wow A grizzly! Did anyone get a picture probably not huh?I am glad you had a good trip.

NanC said...

Hi Sharon,
Glad you made it home safe and sound. Congrats on that new baby. Hope mom and baby are doing well. Take good care, talk with you soon. Nan & Dave