Sunday, April 20, 2008

5thday of hospital stay

This is our 5th day in the hospital and Kent's 3rd day of Chemo. He is doing well but has his bad times. Last night was a bad night for him but he didn't wake me. I am sleeping at the foot of his bed in a rollaway bed furnished by the hospital. He is feeling better at this time. We will see how this night goes. I told him there is nothing worse than feeling like you are by yourself, in the dark and being in pain. I think he is concerned if I don't get my rest I will get sick. I am trying to eat good so that I don't get sick and will be able to take care of him. We will be here for several weeks depending on how the treatment goes. The doctor was in this morning and the report was very postive. The blood work showed that there was only 1/20th of the cancer cells today of what there were yesterday. We realize that we have a long way to go but we are on the journey together. I guess the living in the motorhome have trained us to live in small quarters. Being in the hospital room 24 - 7 isn't getting to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are right about the motorhome helping you be ok with tight quarters. I am so proud of you guys, you are handeling this so well. I am so sorry that Dad had a rough night last night. It sounds like tonight might be a better one when I talked to you a couple hours ago, we will be praying for you, I will talk to ya in the morning!