Monday, April 28, 2008

Rough day!

Today has been rough. About 5:00 this morning blood started showing up in Kent's urine. They don't know if it from his platelets being to low or if it is from the tumor that is in his bladder. His platelets were at 16,000. They normally do an infusion at 15,000. They have now decided to keep his platelet count at 75,000 to see if they can stop the bleeding. Normal platelet count is anywhere from 140,000 to 440,000. So you can see that his count is very low. It was down to 9,000 before we came into the hospital. We met with the transplant group today. The odds for someone Kent's age aren't very good. We have some tough decisions to make here in a few days. I am so afraid that Kent is throwing in the towel. He just isn't use to being weak and not feeling good. His sons all came tonight and buzzed his hair. We noticed today that some was starting to fall out on his pillow. So it was time. He doesn't look to bad being bald. I would love him whether he had hair or not. Glen says that it will probably come back in white. Wouldn't that look nice!!! Pray for a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Becki said...

Dad and Sharon - sorry I wasn't able to come today. It sounds like it has been rough. I am amazed watching the two of you go through this together and how patient and gracious you both stay. No matter what happens or what you both decide, please know that you have a lot of support to help you walk whatever journey is supposed to be. Love you both. Becki

Barb said...

Uncle Kent and Aunt Sharon,
I just want you to know that you both are in my hearts and prayers. I contacted the Father of my church and put you on the prayer list also. If there is anything that you need please don't hesitate to let me know. I am hoping to make it down there soon. All my love,
Barbara

Unknown said...

Love you!