Friday, April 25, 2008

Not so good a day!!

Kent has had a pretty rough day. He had a headache when he woke up this morning. Actually, he has had it a couple of days. Well, today it got out of control. He was scheduled for an ultra sound and wasn't allowed anything by mouth for four hours. It got so bad they finally had to give him something anyway. On a scale of one to ten, he said it was a fifteen. He tried to get out of bed to go to the bathroom but couldn't do it on his own. Once the medicine kicked in he started feeling better. He had a round of chemo this afternoon plus his platelets were low and they gave him an infusion. Lisa, one of his daughters, came a few minutes ago. She just stayed a minute. I don't know if he realized she was here or not. He is probably out for the night. Chris came this afternoon for a while. Actually, he visited with Kent while he was getting the platelets and the chemo. I am sure it helped to pass the time. I make my daily trip to the grocery store to buy things for my lunch and dinner. Chris has a small refrigerator that he is going to bring in and put in the room so that I don't have to go out every day if I don't want to go. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Dad and Sharon -
Sorry for the rough day. Hopefully the prayers and blessings will start kicking in soon. I know you sometimes might get overwhelmed by visitors, but just know that we are praying for you. Becki

Anonymous said...

Oh mom and Kent, I am so sorry your day was so awful. I wish I could do something for you other than just watch this crazy dog. He's a good boy, but I think he is part goat, he will try to eat ANYTHING! HOpe tomorrw will be better than today, glad your kiddos are visiting regularly and keeping your spirits up, you guys are so strong, you are in all our prayers!