Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another great day!!!!

This has been a great day. The doctor was in this evening and reported that this is the third day that there has been no leukemia cells present in the blood stream. Keep those prayers going up. We have a meeting at 3:00pm on Monday with the doctor and the stem cell transplant team. Things sound like if all continue to go well that Kent will be getting a stem cell transplant in the future. Kent has two sisters that we hope will be a match, if not we will go to the donor bank. Hopefully, we can find a match. The doctors are very please will his progress, as we are. Time is passing rapidly. We are doing well in our small quarters. I am doing some crossing stitching of Christmas ornaments it certainly helps pass the time. First on my list of things to do daily is to see to Kent's needs. Today while one of his girls was here, I made a run to the grocery store and picked up a few things. That's the first time I had been out of the hospital for six days. It wasn't a very nice day so I hurried and got back. We have had several visitors today. It is nice to see faces from the outside of these walls. We have gone for three walks around the ward where we are spending our time. Will update you tomorrow. We are enjoying the comments.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Grandpa. I hope you get better. I want you to throw me into the swimming pool again this summer. From Emily

I love you 'Gwampa and Gwama Shawon'! Love Haley

I miss you dearly and hope you get better! Love Katheryn

We enjoyed our visit today. Keep up the good spirits-you're both doing amazing. Love Bret and Hillary and Anna

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are getting better. I want to visit, but mom says not right now. I hope that you are happy. Love Katrina

I love you! Get better really soon. Ethan

I love you Grandpa and Grandma. love, Alyssa

Keep up the good progress! Dusty and Jodi

Anonymous said...

dear grandpa,
I hope your A.L.L cancer goes away. Kenai's funny
love skyler d.