Thursday, May 15, 2008

A more comfortable surrounding!!

This is our first day at Glen and Genette's home. It has been a full day. Annette, the hospice nurse, came about 9:00 and drew blood to have a CBC. She then went and picked up the platelets and came back to the house and administrated them. She will be coming back every day to give platelets plus blood when ever he needs it. He opted to continue platelets because if he doesn't it would be a very painful way "to go." We want him to be as comfortable as possible, in the little time that he has left. He is doing a good job handling the situation. He has had a lot of visitors today. Jerrie, his sister, and her husband were here for the day. Our best friends Nila and Phil Panter were here for a while this afternoon. They are so supportive through all of this. Nicole and Alison, my two daughters, flew out from Arizona. Nicole was just here for the day. Alison will be here a couple of days. Most of Kent's children were here this evening for a dinner, so the girls could meet all of them. Some of the grandchildren were able to come and see their grandpa and say good-bye. It is kind of hard for the kids to see him. He looks so different than when they last saw him. It is hard to know whether it is good for them to see him or to remember how he was. I am staying very busy caring for him. When things get where I am not able to take care of him, he will have a full time hospice nurse. I hope that I am able to take care of his needs and that he will have a peaceful passing. He truly deserves the world. I wish I could help him and give him some of my energy, I think that is what is the hardest for him right now, feeling so weak and feeling like he is not getting enough oxygen. It breaks my heart, but I am also very grateful that his pain isn't out of control, I know we are very blessed because this could be so much worse. I am glad that he is still able to visit with me and his friends and family. I know it is hard on him to visit for too long, but it sure helps lift my spirits when we have loved ones around. Thank you all for your love and support through this time in our lives. We love you all!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm so glad you are posting & I can check on Kent's progress without bothering Nicole. Sharon, what an amazing person you are! Please tell Kent how much we love him. We pray for both of you daily and you are continually in our thoughts. I still can't get over how healthy & happy he was at London's Run! It's so true, what you said; you never know when things will change. It makes me so thankful for the uneventful days. Our prayers will continue for your family. -Trisha

NanC said...

Good Morning you two,
I'm glad you're settled in and have 'light' and space. Hospital rooms seem so close to me and foreign.
Hang in there together, the Lord is supporting you both and you have the prayers of thousands as your names are on temple prayer rolls across the U.S.A.
We love you....Dave & Nan

Nettie said...

Dear Sister Biddulph,

I just heard of Kent's passing. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. The world seems a little different today...a little more reverent, even here in Queen Creek. Thank you so much for allowing us to follow your journey. Your journaling has strengthened my testmony and softened the affects of the everyday things that seem to weigh in. I'm so mindful of you today. I'm also very mindful of Kent and wonder what these first few moments are like for him on the other side. He's heard and even preached about this moment, probably for his entire mortal life, and now he's experiencing it first hand. Bless you both.

Love, Annette Winsor

Sanchez Gang said...

sister Biddulph,
I just heard about Kent's passing and I am truley sorry for your loss and I hope that spending time with the family will make it easier on you!
Lacey

Wendy said...

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for keeping us informed on Kent's condition. I am sorry to hear of your loss. I will always remember the two of you walking your dog up and and down our street twice a day when you lived with Nicole and Joel. Kent was a wonderful and kind man. Please know we are thinking about you.

Wendy Brimhall