Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not a good day!!

Kent has had a bad day. They finally did an ex-ray of his lungs because of the pain in his left rib area. They said that he has some fluid building up in the lung. We will know more tomorrow. The doctor came in and gave us the grim finding on the orginal bone marrow biopsy. Seems as though he has lost eleven of his chromosomes and two others have structral abnormalities plus one extra chromosome. Those findings will make it hard for cure. We will continue to fight the battle. Hopefully, he will have a better day tomorrow. Nicole, our daughter from Arizona, was here when the doctor came in and gave us the findings. Once she left, Nicole looked at Kent and shoke her finger at him and told him in no uncertain terms that he was not to give up. She is expecting a baby in September and she told him that he had an afghan to make for this new baby. He has made afghans for lots of the grandchildren when they were born. Some of our dear friends from Alaska, that have moved to the lower forty eight were here this afternoon. Also Kent's youngest son, Chris, spent the evening with us. Another of Kent's boys took the car and had some work done it this evening. A new battery was put in it on Friday and today I went out to drive it around to make sure the battery was kept charged up. When I tried to start it, it wouldn't start. I now have a car that will run. Thank goodness. I really don't need it for anything except for running to the grocery store. Keep those prayers coming our way. We can feel them. At times the going gets rough but I know that I have to be the tough one right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, so sorry about the bad news today, I am just sick. I hope you don't let this shake your determination to fight this thing. Remember the words of the blessing. I know it is probably really hard to stay positive when the news just keeps getting worse, but you definitley have hundreds of prayers on your behalf everyday. We love you guys so much. Hang in there. Your little boy(Kenai) is doing great, I will be ready when I decide to have another baby, he has forced me to child proof my house. He is such a crazy dog. Ok we love you!